Monday, July 11, 2005

Books.

I have something against books. I really dislike reading them. This is unfortunate because I would like to enjoy reading. (Enjoying reading and enjoying running would be the top 2 things I would like to do but I hate) People seem to have a lot of fun and get a lot of knowledge from reading and I think I'm missing out. Television is to blame I think (as well as grade school books [Hard Times was hard times..haha, never gets old]), it's hard for me to focus. Funny thing is I actually read more than most people thanks to the internet. My hatred of books is compounded by school textbooks, which, along with the ridiculous amount of money they cost and lack of use, is the reason I don't buy books for my courses. I find it a challenge to do well in a course without ever buying the textbook. I find that often textbooks are not needed at all (unless the homework is directly from the book and you don't feel like borrowing things a lot).

Anyway, there is a reason to this rant. There is a glaring exception to my hatred of books which is why I know reading can be fun. The only books I have really ever enjoyed reading are the Harry Potter books. The next one is coming out on Saturday and I'm as giddy as a dog watching a cat watching a pigeon watching a fat kid eat popcorn. Combined.

If anyone knows any entertaining books that are good for the reading impaired such as myself leave a comment or just tell me. I am interested in all sorts of intelligent things and probably won't want to read a kid book. Oh, screw you if you don't like Harry Potter. You die and go to hell and then die again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home