Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Stories for posterity's sake.

Yesterday, I was reminded of some hillarious incidents involving the mother of a friend. He had just told me a funny story about his mom and it reminded me of other hillarious stories about her. First, let me describe his mom, who I shall call Mrs. K. She is a crazy cat lady. Picture it! Enough said.

Anyway, this is the first short story that occurred a few days ago. My friend Ryan was half asleep in his room when his mom walks in and asks if she could use the computer in there. Ryan says fine and she signs on to AOL. After a few minutes of typing and whatnot Ryan hears the buddy sign-on/off noise of the door shutting. At that moment his mom asks up to him (he's sleeping on a loft):

Mrs. K: Ryan, does that noise mean I'm being hacked?!?
Ryan: What? Are you serious?
Mrs. K: That noise...does it mean that someone is in my computer now hacking?
Ryan: Mom, that is ridiculous, you have been using AOL for almost 10 years and you don't know what that sound is?
Mrs. K: Well, I always thought it meant I was being hacked so whenever I heard it I just restarted the computer.

Ryan, who almost exploded in laughter (and also excitment to tell me this story because he knows I love hearing these crazy things), explained about the buddy list and such. So, in summation, for the better part of a decade, whenever one of her buddies had signed on or off she restarted the computer. I just find that funny.

The other hillarious stories I speak of will be recounted sometime later, I'm thirsty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home