Thursday, June 09, 2005

Studying.

Update: Yep, I was prepared for the Artificial Intelligence final with no studying.

I am absolutly terrible at studying. I never know how prepared I am on a topic until I am taking the test. When trying to study something I somehow always convince myself I already know it and basically skip over whatever im studying. When looking at notes I took (a new thing I'm trying), all that goes through my head is, "I remember distinctly writing this down so that means I know it already".

Sad (or happy) thing about this is that most times I actually do know enough and do fine on the tests. I miscalculate sometimes. Most of these study miscalculations come with math related things that involve precise techniques where every step must be followed exactly otherwise your answer will be a little off (during the test my answers seem correct to me although they are actually wrong).

Example. Right now I didn't really study anything for my upcoming final in Artifical Intelligence. I have for some reason convinced myself that I know enough for this test. I looked at the old exams and sample problems and think I could do them fine. Well, I will see for sure tomorrow when I look at the actual problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home