Monday, December 08, 2014

Skeeball is not mine (anymore) / 10 Year Anniversary!

I was surfing the tubes late tonight and while briefly doing my quarterly facebook check I saw an old picture of me on someones wall. This picture activated old regions of my brain collocated with other old regions of my brain and triggered corresponding thoughts, which then caused me to see if this blog was still up. And it is! Not sure why that's surprising though as the internet is forever.

Turns out, looking at my first post, right now is almost the exact 10 year anniversary of this blog (and over 4 years since I posted anything)! Perfect time for another post. 10 years is crazy; a significant chunk of my conscious, fully developed, life. Hopefully, when the next 10 year mark comes up, the future robot overlords will still allow postings from the subterranean human habitat labor site so I can continue the posting streak. Only time will tell. Insofar as this last 10 years, so much has happened but I think I can safely sum it all up with this single image.


Not true, that picture means nothing. Actually, things are so fleeting now that even something as important as grumpy cat is almost not even a thing anymore; thats how fast things last.

So in the past 4 years, since last posting, much has happened including a bought and soon to be sold house (where skeeball finally found a home and also had an amazing, custom, built to my specs, home theater room that I miss every day), worked for a failed startup and moved to California (because Baltimore sucks)! Also, as the title mentions, skeeball had to be sold as it couldn't make the cross country trip but it was a blast while I had it and I may have one again someday. I am currently residing in beautiful San Diego, where we moved last month and where the weather really is pretty close to perfect. Interesting times in the next year or two as well, I predict.

Also, I see in my post about Things that don't exist on the internet I was looking for the Mike Meyers lord of the dance video and I found it after reading the post! It magically appeared on youtube, it seems, 3 years ago. Honestly though, the comedy is a little stale. Still cool.

Finally, "no", past self, I did not find that golden penny and I don't even know where my old wallet is. I barely know what you mean anymore with your cryptic messages. Future self, any ideas?

See ya in another 4 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home