Thursday, June 09, 2005

Flip of a coin.

It amazes me how much impact a simple flip of a coin can have. I'm sure your life would be completely different if not for you or someone you might or might not even know flipping a coin. Some may flip a coin because they are scared to make the decision themselves, others may flip just for the fun idea that a hunk of metal can be imbued with decision making capabilities.

I know I used the coin method to decide which college to go to. Heads was Drexel University, tails was Penn State Main Campus. I actually don't remember which was which but for the sake of story I'll decide something. There was also an underlying decision made by that flipping that I shall not get into. The point is heads landed and Drexel I went. My life would sure be different right now if tails had landed. I'm also confident many people's lives would be quite affected had the coin decided differently.

Looking back, I'm not sure if the coin was correct but at least I'm not dead or on a reality tv show.

2 Comments:

Blogger joanne said...

I'm glad your coin landed on Drexel.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed it didn't land on edge.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home