Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Birthday Dinner.

Went out to Maggiano's Little Italy restaraunt in Philly with my parents. Had an interesting time. First of all, my mom mentionted to every person that walked near us that it was my birthday. The mexican bus boy who was filling our water could not have been less impressed. He might not have understood english because he sat there with a confused look on his face as if he didn't quite know what to do. It was amusing. So, after some delicious artichoke spinach dip and other appetizers we ordered our main meals. My dad ordered some garlic mashed potatoes with his. When our food came out my dad started eating some mashed potatoes and said they were really good. I asked for some potatoes and my mom started scooping some onto a plate. My mom then says theres something hard in the mashed potatoes. I think its probably a potato piece or something but my mom continues to say that its metal. I tell her to scoop it out and she plops this large hunk of metal onto the plate. After clearing away some mashed potatoes I notice it looks a lot like a hose nozzle. I quickly snap a picture of it before my mom calls the waitress, who quickly grabbed the potatoes and nozzle and went into the kitchen. A few moments later the manager comes out and appologizes profusely; explaining that they make a lot of mashed potatoes at once and a piece of one of the machines broke off. He then asked who was eating the potatoes and we all said we were. After staring at the manager in silence (I could tell he didn't want to give us all a free meal if he didn't have to) he broke down and said our meal would be free. HA! Turned out to be a $60 meal between the 3 of us. After the manager left the cook came out and appologized, followed by the waitress, who gave my dad a salad for some reason. Everyone was much nicer after that.

On a side note, I find it almost ridiculous that resaraunts are forced to give out free meals for stuff like that. Granted, metal hose nozzles don't belong in food but it really wasn't that bad. The rest of the food was great. Suckers.

The nozzle is that chunk to the left top corner of the square.
The mashed potato bowl are seen on the far left

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a restaurant's JOB to serve food. if they fuck it up then they gotta pay. it's ALL THEY DO. if the food sucks then no one goes there and they go bankrupt.

it's like kinko's running out of ink or paper. [ehem] it's just not acceptable.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home