Friday, August 12, 2005

Birthday Weekend.

Allright well I gave up on getting another decription of myself from Juan. It was pretty funny though as I heard him telling it.
------------------------------
Allright, so last last weekend (7/30) I went with a group of friends (Chuck,Joanne,Juan,Anna,Chris,Jud) down to Ocean City, Maryland where one of my friends, Chris, had a beach house. The group of us left in two cars at around 9pm on Friday night. After a little over 2 hour drive through some torrential downpours we arrived and unpacked. It was almost midnight but decided to go out and find a place to drink. Chuck called his friend Jerry who was living in Ocean City and we decided to meet up with him at a place called Mother's Cantina. We had to drive there and it meant someone had to be a designated driver. I drew the first straw and unfortunatly lost right away with the short straw. Luckily for me, Joanne graciously decided she would drive.

Upon arriving to the bar we met Jerry and ordered a round of drinks. It was a small place but pretty crowded. We had a good time. I was not too drunk but drunk enough to drink some unknown drink a guy offered me out of some fancy looking glass cup. It was pretty good.





After the bar closed we decided to head to the beach, which was a block away and walk around in the sand a little. It is around 2am so the ocean looks really creepy and dark but of course Chris goes running off throwing his pants and shirt off and jumping into the water. Before I even went to the beach I handed Joanne my phone since I had lost my previous 2 phones to unfortunate water incidents (one in the ocean, other a toilet). Chris comes back and says the water is nice and I decided that it was the right time to jump in. So I got down to my boxers and jumped in. It was really nice. Juan eventually joined in but that was it. There should be a funny picture of us three somewhere. Yep, its pretty good. I'm not going to post it...maybe later.

Saturday
Woke up around 10:30am to go to the beach but it was raining. Sucked. Instead we went out to eat. All of the places we saw had people waiting in line out the door. We finally decided on a place. I ordered some sort of veggy crepe which turned out to just be mostly a hunk of melted cheese with vegetables in it. Still good.

Waiting in line, this woman looked ridiculous in her jumpsuit.

After the filling breakfast we went to a super market to get bbq supplies for later. Headed back to the house where we lounged for a bit until the sky cleared up and we went to the beach. After some beaching it was time for some barbequeing. There was a motor boat at Chris's place that we all really wanted to use but could not since we did not have a boating license. Pathetically we still all got in the boat and just chilled there while it was still docked. After awhile, Chris's neighbor came out and kindly offered his son (who had a boating license) which was all the plausible deniability we needed to take the boat out. It was awesome. Never not go on a boat.






Once it got a little later it was time to party. Jud, after many consecutive days of drinking, decided to go easy this night and drive. 7 of us would barely fit in his station wagon but it worked. Before leaving we drank some and played a few quick drinking games. I declared my birthday goal for the night, which was to throw up. For me, this is quite a feat. I do NOT vomit. Besides one hillarious incident a few years ago, I have not puked in about 10 years. I had drank a few beers and two redbull/vodkas I think before we left (it didn't seem like a lot at the time but I had been drinking beer for the past few hours). We arrived and met Jerry at a place called PartyBlock, which was literally a block of clubs and bars all interconnected. As it was my birthday weekend Jerry kindly got me in for free. I was also happy to see the female bartenders wore some sort of lingerie type hot looking outfits. Inside I ordered a beer and this is where things start going black...

I will skip to the next morning for my first full memory. I wake up sprawled in my bed around 9:30am, still horribly drunk. I notice a glass of water nicely placed besides my bed. I look down and notice I am not wearing my shirt. Not only am I not wearing my shirt, I am wearing someone elses shirt, a red button down. Perplexed, I stumble out of the room into the living room and see Jerry, asleep. Odd, I think to myself. I don't remember Jerry coming home with us last night. After thinking a few more seconds I realize I don't remember ANYTHING from last night. I grab my wallet but cannot find my phone anywhere (found it later in the car). The rest of my friends are up and laugh when they see me in this red shirt. They start talking to me like I had memories of the night before before I tell them I my brain had taken a vacation. This just makes them laugh even more.

Here are some first hand accounts of my missing and possibly drunkest night ever. I was a bit creeped out at what I did/could have done since I was obviously on some sort of primitive autopilot. What is possibly most annoying is that I didn't even throw up. Oh well.

Joanne:
Ram was very, very, very, very, very drunk on Saturday. It was the drunkest I've ever seen him and apparently the drunkest he's ever been since he does not remember the night at all. He fell off of a stool and it made the loudest noise ever created (apparantly it smacked anna in the shin also, whoops, I sorry!), but not too many people looked up because of the music. There were girls dancing on the bar and at one point I looked up and Ram was just standing there staring at them while they danced. Juan claims that Ram was rubbing this one girl's leg while she danced, but I did not see it and thus can't verify that. There is a 15-30 minute span of Ram's life that is permanently lost because no one knew where he was and he has no idea where he was. I like to believe that he was helping the less fortunate during that time and not peeing on his shoes or something.

The best part of the night was when Ram decided he didn't want to wear his shirt anymore because it had a stain on it. So, he took it off in the middle of a pizza place. He was standing in front of me in line, took off his shirt, got yelled at by some dudes behind me and then left. I told the guys who were yelling at him to leave him alone because he was just drunk. They asked me if I knew him. I said no.

Later we were sitting on the curb eating pizza, although I think Ram must have found some pizza in a trash can because he definitely didn't buy any, and there was some dudes pretending to break dance. I think Ram went over and told them to not fight because everyone was his friend.

Ram is a true champion because he did not vomit and he made it home safely despite the fact that his legs did not work very well
.

I took this on the way home I think, Chuck is wearing my shirt at this time.

Yeah so I didn't vomit and here is the only photographic evidence I existed that night.
I wonder who took this picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home