Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Been Awhile.

Happy Holidays. I have been cheating on this blog with another I write on, http://theordinarystory.blogspot.com, if you want to hear some rants about elevators and Jerry Springer. The term is over now and I have a longer that normal winter break. Around 3 weeks. I have no idea what I will do over that time but whatever.

In other news I have decided against buying a mp3 player. Instead I will transform my cellphone into an mp3 player. I have a nokia 6620 which uses MMC flash memory and the innate ability to play mp3. To transform the phone I bought a stereo hands-free headset thinger, a 2gb MMC card, and a USB flashdrive to load the MMC cards faster (bluetooth works but is really slow for big files). In all, not only is it cheaper (2gb for about $145) but I would be carrying around my cellphone all the time anyway so the size of the new mp3 player is technically nothing. As a bonus, I get a USB flashdrive to use with the other memory cards I have. Eventually when I get a new phone, the 2gb memory card will simply be a fulltime USB flashdrive so nothing will be wasted. Oh, the Adata 2gb MMC card does in fact work on Nokia 6620 phones, a fact that is not really on the internet.

A-Data 2gb MMC ($120)
Crucial SD/MMC Card Reader ($10)
Nokia HDS3 Stereo Headset ($4)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home