Friday, May 06, 2005

Idea of the day.

So here is one of my software invention that I want someone to make that I shall share. I would do it myself but it doesn't seem like the type of idea that would make a lot of money contrary to how cool it is. Plus I dont feel like it.

OK, so I'm listening to my music and I get annoyed when I want to listen to certain songs or types of songs and something completely random comes up. The organization of music into genres can take forever (especially in my case) AND since there are only like 10 genres of music, there is still a good chance you will get a random song that doesn't fit what you want to listen to within the genre.

My idea:

A inference type based audio program or, ideally, a winamp plugin where it would know what bands/songs are related, which would be determined by the internet or an established list or somethin. Google has a tool that could be utilized to help. While still kind of buggy and not really meant for picking out bands it could probably work (at least better than complete randomness). It's called Google Sets. So go there and type in "Led Zeppelin" by itself or with "The Who" and you will get a decent list of other similar bands. The results of that search could then be searched against your own music to see if you have any songs from those bands. BAM.

GO! Make it happen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you used itunes like the rest of the bandwagon you could just group your music by genre and then go from there. fuck all that searching bullcrap. no one wants to deal with that.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, i seemed to have missed the one sentence where you address that. just sit on your lazy ass and give songs a genre. it'd probably be a lot faster than writing a program.

6:46 PM  
Blogger stuffbox said...

This would automatically genrefy your music to a much more detailed extent. I have thousands of unclassified songs. If I were to try to put more than like 10 different genres on those songs I would die trying to organize and keep track of it all. Different genres can relate to other genres more strongly too.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home