Monday, November 07, 2005

This Weekend.

So, some highlights from this mostly uneventful weekend:

1)Tried on womans jeans and figured out I am a size 8-10. Bought clothes (not woman jeans though, maybe another time, hah)

2)Went to a Guiness beer "Believer Show" at Dave & Buster's, drank beer and became brainwashed into loving Guiness (although I already loved Guiness).

3)Became involved in a weird incident described below:
Chris, Cleary and I were wandering around flagging down a cab to get home from the Guiness thing. After finally getting a cab to stop, it stopped in the middle of the street to wait for us. The car behind our cab started honking and went slowly around, Chris yelled a curse at the guy before we got in the car. The guy, who was some sort of hispanic guy, dressed in trendy clothes, heard Chris's remark and got enraged. When I say enraged, imagine road rage x 2. He pulled up next to the cab and started yelling. The cabbie, who turned out to be a nice guy and luckily spoke english, slowed down and allowed the guy to continue ahead. The guy continued ahead but stopped at the corner of the street, waited for us to turn and continued to follow.

Finally, the cabbie had had enough and stopped, letting the guy pull up right next to us. Note that I am sitting on the side window closest to this guy. So the dude continues freaking out, demanding that Chris do something in broken english that I couldn't understand. The guy was alone in the car so I found it odd he had the desire to challenge a car full of people unless he had a gun or something. We realized he was also probably a little drunk. Usually, in these type of situations, I pull out my phone and start taking pictures. In this case, though, I feared provokation might be a bad idea. This guy might actually have this gun or something and if anyone was going to be shot, it would have been me as I was the closest person and in the direct line of sight of Chris. Turns out he didn't have a gun but instead an empty glass of some sort he was threatening to throw at my window. I sat there with a goofy look on my face looking confused; trying not to entice the guy to throw anything at my window with any funny looks or laughing.

The cab driver eventually talked him down with some simple logic (ie. "Really, what are you doing, just go on your way?") and we continued on our way. The cabbie also said afterwards that he had a gun ready just in case.

4)Bought a large trashcan at KMart with Chris and Cleary. It only fit in the back seat so we forced Cleary to get in it laying sideways for the ride home. It was hillarious.

1 Comments:

Blogger greenbean the eccentric said...

cleary: fits nicely in trash cans.
kinda like how marco fits nicely in gutters and trunks of cars.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home